Capacity: 120 Beds
Address2760 Eumundi - Kenilworth Rd Kenilworth
Queensland, 4000 Australia
Originally 22,000 acres the homestead selection was taken up in 1850. The current homestead building was commissioned by Isaac Moore in the 1860s, and built by 2 cabinet makers from the Orkney Islands. Made of solid red cedar (right down to the rafters in the roof), it was hand milled on the property from the abundant supply of cedar trees. The roofing iron was shipped from Redcliffe in England, and is still in place to this day. The old hay barn and horse boxes were built it 1901, and are still in use today for weddings and other functions.
Over the years the homestead has extended a warm welcome to thousands of guests, campers and dignitaries including Lord Lamington, Lord Chelmsford, The Swedish ambassador to Australia, and many others.
Today Kenilworth Homestead is one of south east Queensland’s best school and family camping sites, as well as a popular wedding venue.
Accommodation is in the form of shared rooms, with four double bunks in each room. Four of the rooms are serviced with en-suite facilities. The accommodation is surrounded by heritage listed buildings and located on a 2 km stretch of Mary River frontage.
Many guests to Kenilworth make use of the comfortable Conference Room which seats up to 200 adults in a lecture style arrangement. There are numerous other areas are available for small style group work. Conferences and workshop presentations are enhanced by the availability of resources as requested.